Professional Certificate in Conflict Resolution, Transformation and Peacebuilding
11th - 15th May 2020, London, UK
This course provides those involved in peace and security issues and/or work in conflict environments with a clear understanding of the principles and processes to prevent, manage and resolve conflict in a sustainable manner.
Interactive learning with skills training will increase participants’ understanding of the key issues in conflict prevention, management and resolution. Course participants gain a conceptual framework in conflict resolution in violent contexts and gain skills in dialogue, negotiation and mediations.
Practical exercises, role plays and case studies aim to provide participants with practical skills useful for current realities in conflict environments.
Course content includes:
- Understanding sources of conflict , conflict escalation & conflict mapping
- Principles on the prevention of armed conflict, peacemaking and peacebuilding
- Comparative advantage of various conflict prevention actors and Multi track diplomacy.
- Skills training in Dialogue, Negotiation and Mediation skills to use in conflict environments
This course has been developed and is led by current practitioners and academic experts in the field of violent conflict, peace and security.
Upon completion of this week-long course and subsequent successful completion of CMI written tasks, the successful candidate will be awarded a Level 5 CMI certificate in Management & Leadership showing the CMI units achieved. The CMI is the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence. The professional qualifications offered by the Institute are internationally recognised and sought after.
By the end of the course the delegates will be able to:
Click here for further information on the programme
- Ability to help your organisation to apply the key principles of conflict prevention, management and resolution to help transform conflict and build peace.
- Improve organisational impact on conflict resolution and peacebuilding objectives
- Engage stakeholders and mobilise support to promote sustainable peace
- Analyse, enhance and evaluate performance
How You Will Benefit
Click here for further information on why to attend
- The opportunity to gain a recognised professional qualification
- Hear the latest insights, research and developments in conflict resolution, transformation and peacebuilding from leading experts
- Network and share ideas with colleagues from around the world
- Enhance your skills and knowledge to prevent, manage and resolve conflicts in a sustainable manner.
" I enjoyed the whole course, specifically the topics on Conflict Resolution, Peace Making, and building. The methods and skills of mediation were also very informative and educative."
(Assistant Legal Adviser, Office of the Coordinator of the Presidential Amnesty Programme, Nigeria)